Tilicho Lake Trek with Mesokanto Pass
- World highest lake “Tilicho” situated at 4,919m elevation
- Cross over Masokanto La (5,099m) and Tilicho Pass (5,230m)
- Amazing landscape and wildlife sight.
- Lowlands to the arid trans-Himalayan experience.
- Rewarding as it is challenging trips, splendid natural beauty
- Walk at Annapurna Conservation Area.
The World's highest “Tilicho Lake” is situated at 4,919m elevation, stretching about 2.5mi / 4km long and about 0.6mi / 1km wide lies at the foot of the Tilicho peak (7,134m) by its name in the Annapurna Himal range. Tilicho Lake Trekking is a fabulous trip, as rewarding as it is challenging adventure trips, splendid natural beauty, massive Himalayan breathtaking scenery, cultural diversity, and as well as precious religious point of view can be found in any other comparable route. For nature lovers, this would be an outstanding destination and a real opportunity to observe the surrounding majestic Himalayas range.
The tarns-Himalayan adventure Mesokanto La Pass Trekking begins with a spectacular flight from Kathmandu or Pokhara up the Marsyangdi valley to the airstrip at Humde or a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Besishar and Chame then following Annapurna Circuit trail until Manang to the Tilicho Base camp. We soon leave the lodges on the main trail to head up toward Tilicho Tal. These high Himalayan reaches are the habitat of the Himalayan Tahr (mountain goat) and the snow leopard and other mammals. From the shores of the lake, we climb up via Tilicho Lake, and the two passes Masokanto La (5,099m) and Tilicho Pass (5,230m) that guard it against the Kaligandaki Valley beyond are still used and offer the adventurous and high mountain scenery. This is great high pass trekking of Annapurna named Annapurna Adventure trek as well, where we are rewarded with the first views of the Kali Gandaki valley, beautiful panoramic views of Annapurna, Thorung Peak, Nilgiri, Chulu west/east, Tukuche Peak, Dhaulagiri and many more.
Masokanto La is a low altitude pass than Tilicho but more technical and needs to be used rope during the snowy time. The trail leads us to descend steeply to stay at the charming Thakali village of Jomsom or Marpha. We can explore around Jomsom, following the Kali Gandaki upstream to Kagbeni, and up to the Hindu and Buddhist shrine at Muktinath. The trip ends in Jomsom with an early morning flight to Pokhara or can extend until Bani or Nayapul via the popular sunrise view point Poon Hill. There is an alternative trekking route who don't wish to pass Mesokanto La, they choose Tilicho Lake via Thorung La pass (5,416m). The Tilicho Pass Trekking is the finest serious trip, can do in the monsoon season but we “Nepal Mother House treks” run this trip by our experienced local crew any time all over the year except during snowing season. You can extend the trip itinerary or make it shorter according to your desire and time schedule.
Not satisfied with this day to day itinerary?
Are you looking for your own trip? Free consult with travel experts.
- Free Airport picks up and drops off all transportation (airport to Hotel to the airport).
- ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Project), TIMS (Trekkers Information System) Cards.
- All ground transportation during trip Transportation from Kathmandu to Beshisahar (trekking starting point) by local bus or comfort microbus and trek end point Jomsom to Pokhara by plane.
- Trekking equipment (worm down jackets, sleeping bag & Duffle Bag) during the trekking if you needed.
- Nepal Mother House T-shirt /Cap and Appreciation Card of Trip (after trip end).
- Three times meals (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), tea coffee in a cup each meal during trek.
- Soft & comfortable private accommodation entire Mountain twin bed sharing with share toilet.
- Government license holder English Speaking experienced Local Guide with their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment.
- One Sherpa (assistance guide) if the group size is more than 10 people. Plus their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, and equipment.
- Guide insurance for their happy journey.
- A Trekking Map of Annapurna Trip for a Group.
- Supplementary snacks (cookies, fresh fruits) on the trek.
- First Aid medical kit during the trip, including Oximeter to measure Oxygen and pulse at high altitude.
- Welcome and farewell program.
- Tourist service charge, vat, Governments Tax, and official expanse if necessary.
- All kinds of beverages including mineral water, Chocolate, Cookies, dessert, Phone calls, laundry, hot shower during Trek.
- Clients' travel Insurance and evacuation (compulsory).
- Hotel accommodation and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara twin bed sharing basic.
- If you need a porter (between every 2 person basic) carries max.20-25 kg. Plus their food, accommodation, wage, insurance, and all transportation.
- If incase, flight cancel and charter helicopter or plane.
- Tipping for Guide & porter, your meals at Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Personal expenses like Shopping, souvenirs or gift, and personal mountaineering gear.
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extend.
- International airfare, airport departure tax, and the Visa fee.
- Things which don’t mention above, in our services (Trip Cost Includes).
- Visa fee, you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu.
Except for the fixed departure date, we have every day departure according to your requirements.
|Start Date||End Date||Price||Availability|| |
|Start DateStart: SundayFeb 11, 2024||End DateEnd: WednesdayFeb 21, 2024||PricePriceUS $0||StatusAvailabilityAvailable|